DIY Unicorn Costume
Let your child’s imagination run wild by helping them create a magical unicorn costume!
Your little artist can paint, glue and glitter to their heart’s content and then trot on into school for Book Week as a very impressive Unicorn.
What you need:
- Cardboard box (plus extra cardboard)
- Craft Paper
- Poster Paint
- Scissors (with adult supervision/assistance)
- Ribbon – for the straps
- Glue Gun
- Make Your Own Unicorn Headband – Optional
- Colour Your Own Slippers – Optional
- Using a relatively large cardboard box, cut off the top and bottom parts so it is easy to step into.
- Cut out the template of a Unicorn head and neck and trace onto cardboard. Then cut out.
- Cut a slit on one side of the main box (the body) and slide the head into the slit. Use tape to stick the folds on each side.
- Place on a covered surface and paint your Unicorn box. Let dry.
- While drying, use craft paper, glue and glitter and cut out designs which you can later decorate your Unicorn with.
- Using our Make Your Own Unicorn Headband, create your headband.
- Once the paint is dry on your unicorn box costume and your child has decorated, the last thing you want to do is add the straps. Let your child try on the costume which will help measure how high up you need the box to hang and determine how long you need the ribbon. Once measured, cut the ribbon and hot glue them to the side of the box, two on the front and two on the back.
You’re ready to hop on in, strap up, pop on a unicorn headband and slide into your Colour Your Own slippers!